After video tag supported in Firefox 3.5, we would like my AVI video to convert to open standard video format, OGG. How? Currently, we believe the easiest way would be through VLC. The screenshots that shown below are using VLC version 1.0. The steps on converting AVI to OGG are as below:
- On the main window, click Media > Convert / Save menu item to open Open Media dialog.
- Click Add... to select avi files that are needed to convert to ogg format.
- Click Convert / Save button to open Convert dialog.
- On the Convert dialog, click Browse button to open Save file... dialog.
- After the path is selected and the file name is written, click Save button.
- Select Video - Theora + Vorbis (OGG) for the profile settings.
- Click Start button in Convert dialog to start the converting process.
After we have one OGG file, for example video.ogg, we test it out with the html code below in Firefox 3.5.