Maruyu Yumehiroba or Maruyu City Supermarket is my favourite Japanese shop in Sydney. Ground floor is Japanese food section. On the other hand, everything is AU$2.50 at first shop. Mainly are household, gift and toiletries. It is small but full of gems. One of them is free Japanese food recipe. I got few of them few days ago. Today I decided to try stir-fried eggplant with miso.
Ingredients (4 Serve):
- 3 small eggplants (750g total)
- 3 tablespoons of miso paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of mirin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Cut eggplants into bites size and soak them in a bowl of water for 10 mins and drain. Dried with paper towels.
- Mix miso, mirin, and sugar in a small bowl and set aside. (I use red miso).
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and fried eggplant on medium heat until softened, then turn down the heat to low.
- Add miso mixture and stir with the ingredient quickly then turn off the heat.
It tastes nice. Go and check out both the recipes and shop.