Before using desktop blogging client, such as ScribeFire, two things need to be done in WordPress:
- Enable XML-RPC at Settings > Writting.
- Add author user at Users > Authors & Users. I will use this user mainly for writing blog through ScribeFire.
Before start writing blog through ScribeFire, I need to setup my blog account as the steps below:
- Click Launch Account Wizard button.
- Enter my blog URL. Then click Next > button.
- Select blog system and change blog API URL. But default value looks great. I did not change anything and just click Next > button.
- Enter author username (that was created just now) and password. Then click Next > button.
- Confirm the blog account information. Then click Next > button.
- Click Finish button to complete the wizard.
- My blog title will be shown in Blogs tab.