Finally this site is launched on this special day, the century's last repeating date, 12 December 2012. It took me lots of effort to launch it. Before this, those informations are over the place. I would not find then when I need them. Now I can considate all my home cooking related information on this site.
Nice shinning afternoon Sunday, we having some puffed pastry apply tart that freshly baked from a recipe from last night cooking show on Delicious Iceland by Chef Volli. You will notice the puffed pastry doesn't puff that much. That's because we get the ready-made pastry from Pampas.
By default, Mac OS X Mountain Lion comes with Python 2.7 same as Mac OS X Lion. So far, I am facing some glitches on setup Python development environment on Mac OS X Mountain Lion as below:
- Running 'brew doctor' warns us that 'X11 is not installed', when I was using Homebew. Mac OS X Mountain Lion is not supporting X11 app and Xgrid.
- Need to install 'Command line tools for Xcode' from Apple Developer after Xcode installed. Installing 'Command line tools' from Xcode preference does not work for me. I was facing this problem while running virtualenv.
It wasn't good experience on upgrading Mac OS X to Mountain Lion comparing to upgrading to Lion. After downloading the operating system, double clicking the installer, 'Install OS X Mountain Lion', and waiting for restarting the system, the error message occurred. Upgrading failed. I also tried the clean installation. It also failed. 'There was a problem installing Mac OS X. Try reinstalling.' was the last error message. The final solution that works for me is resetting my Mac's PRAM and NVRAM.
Overdose with miso. We are having something light tonight, vegetarian miso noodle soup.
- button mushroom
- wakame Seaweed
- baby bok choy
- fish stock or dashi soup stock
- red or white miso paste
- Bring the water to boil.
- Add in all the vegetables into the water.
- Add fish stock or dashi soup stock.
- Add miso paste and dissolve well.
- Turn off the heat just before water begins to boil again.
- Serve with noodle.
Screen rotation is locked by default in Nexus 7. It took a night to notice the icon. Well, I am still new to Google Android. I am not sure whether it is Android 4.1, Jelly Bean default behaviour. After swiping the screen from top, you will see the tiny rotate icon with a lock next the time / date. Clicking that icon will toggle between lock screen rotation or auto screen rotation.
Maruyu Yumehiroba or Maruyu City Supermarket is my favourite Japanese shop in Sydney. Ground floor is Japanese food section. On the other hand, everything is AU$2.50 at first shop. Mainly are household, gift and toiletries. It is small but full of gems. One of them is free Japanese food recipe. I got few of them few days ago. Today I decided to try stir-fried eggplant with miso.
Ingredients (4 Serve):
- 3 small eggplants (750g total)
- 3 tablespoons of miso paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of mirin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Cut eggplants into bites size and soak them in a bowl of water for 10 mins and drain. Dried with paper towels.
- Mix miso, mirin, and sugar in a small bowl and set aside. (I use red miso).
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and fried eggplant on medium heat until softened, then turn down the heat to low.
- Add miso mixture and stir with the ingredient quickly then turn off the heat.
It tastes nice. Go and check out both the recipes and shop.
No embarrassing unboxing video. Just my thought on my first tablet - Nexus 7. I got an notice the device is shipped on 17 July and expected to arrive on 19 July, which is today. I got it this afternoon. It comes with a very tight cover box. It took me awhile to see what is inside the box.
What’s in the box:
- nexus 7
- warranty booklet
- quick start guide
- usb charging unit with Australian plug
- micro usb cable
Beside AU$25, it comes with preloaded contents in my library:
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon (movie)
- Nexus 7 Guidebook by Google Inc. (ebook)
- Wonderful Stories for Children by Hans Christian Andersen (ebook)
- Frankenstein, or, The Modern Prometheus by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (ebook)
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens (ebook)
- The Drop by Michael Connelly (ebook)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (ebook)
Most of the reviews, that I read, commented that this tablet is super fast and best value among all the 7 inch tablet in the market right now. 16G version costs me AU$299 plus AU$19.99 shipping cost. I can see the animation transition is smooth, with very bright screen. All the google products work really well on this device. I particularly like the voice search. Yet to try the NFC feature.
Excitement didn’t last long. It is much heavier than I thought. For this price, I am not complain when the device only have 1.2MP front-facing camera, support wifi and bluetooth. After entering Google Play, most of the time I see this message, ‘Your device isn’t compatible with this version.’, which means I can’t install most of the Android applications yet on this device. I am frustrated that I can’t rotate Google Chrome. No landscape for Google Chrome.
Summary, this device will become my needy toys when I need to check something quickly on internet, by talking to him.
Updates: 20 Jul 2012
I was wrong. I can rotate Google Chrome, by unlock the screen rotation.
Finally, site conversion from dynamic content management system, for this case is WordPress, to static website using site generator, Nikola almost comes to the end. Just a few things for tidying up. Not say that WordPress not good. It always my first choice of blogging platform that used Php. Now, I want something really simple and using language that I using daily basic, Python. Nikola is written in Python and has features that I need. If you like this site, give it a try.