Chocolate Biscuit Base
|Recipe from Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake|
- 250g chocolate ripple biscuits, crushed
- 75g salted butter, melted
- Crush the biscuits by hand or blender.
- Melted the butter in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix both biscuits and butter evenly.
- Press firmly into the base of a 20 cm (8") spring form pan.
- Put them in the freezer at least half an hour for later used.
White Chocolate Cheesecake
|Recipe from Chocolate mousse cheesecake|
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 50g castor sugar
- 150ml thickened cream
- 6g (1/2 tablespoon) gelatine
- 1 tablespoons boiling water
- 130g egg whites (around 4 extra large eggs)
- 200g white chocolate, melted
- 6 strawberries, for garnishing
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth using an electric mixer.
- Beat the cream with cream cheese mixture until stiff peaks.
- Finely chop the white chocolate into small pieces.
- Place the white chocolate on the heat proof bowl over the simmer water saucepan.
- Stir the white chocolate until fully melted.
- Dissolve gelatine in boiling water and allow to cool slightly before folding into cream mixture. Fold in melted chocolate.
- Fold the cream mixture into melted chocolate.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold into mixture.
- Pour the mixture into any biscuit base or other layer in 20cm (8") spring form pan.
- Put them in the freezer at least 3 hours for later used.
- Garnish the cake with half cut strawberries before serve.
You see the middle layer, dark chocolate mousse, recipe is missing. It used dark chocolate mousse (anglaise method) from Patisserie book page 101. We used around 4 extra large eggs to achieve the weigh mentioned in the book. We also used double quantity of the sugar as I am using dark chocolate with 85% cocoa solids. You have more then enough mouse for this recipe and just used what ever you need. The cake is constructed of chocolate biscuit base with dark chocolate mousse as middle layer and white chocolate cheesecake as top layer.
You also notice the top layer is melting on the first picture. As I forgot to put gelatine in the cheesecake.